Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Coming Home

My first post...a little scary but here goes.  I have followed some wonderful blogs and am in awe of their beauty.  I have wanted to blog but didn't know if I could pull it off.  After all the encouragement in blogland here I go.
I have moved to my dream setting in a cute cottage we are renting.  After living in Florida most of my life, I have found that being with family is what matters the most.  After some life changing events, we took the plunge and put our house on the market.  Yes, it sold!  So here we are.
I had to weed out my stuff, and I mean alot of stuff.  After many garage and one big estate sell, I have my favorites displayed.  Some regrets that I let items go but I know that I can find them out and about.
I have spent time with my grandkids, gardened and visited some great places which I will share along the way.
I have started looking up my ancestors and surprise most of them were from North Carolina.  I am in awe of what our ancestors went through for freedom and their lifestyle.  Most of my family were farmers and fought for our country.  My heart goes out to all our military heros.
Much more to follow, have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blogland sweet Di!!! It's so nice to have you here!!! Thanks so much for visiting me and introducing yourself ~ you will have so much fun sharing your experiences and thoughts here. Plus the friends you will make will become precious to you...it's where we meet true kindred spirits! Happy first post and I can't wait to read more!! hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! So nice to meet a new blogger. Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you make many friends here. We look forward to you sharing your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogland. I remember writing my first post and how scary it was for me. That was a year and a half ago. Thanks for visiting me blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate. One tip: go back to your settings and change your "no reply comment" to add your email. That allows blogs to reply to you when you leave a comment and that helps build blog friendships. Have fun and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di