Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mount Pleasant is pleasant

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

When my daughter asked if I could come to help her out with taking #1 Grandson to school, I jumped in her car and we took off to Mount Pleasant.  After taking him to school I wandered around.  Mount Pleasant is located over the bridge from Charleston.  His school is located in the Olde District of Mount Pleasant.
First I went to a beautiful shop...

The shop I found is:  OUT of HAND the art of creating



Metal art my fav!!  I sure love me some watering cans.  My mom and best friend Cindy actually fought their way to a watering can at Reningers.  My mom won, we laughed about that for years.
Entry

A girl can not go wrong with a beautiful bird house.  A tin roof makes my day.  The antiques mixed with goodies was so wonderful.  The shop was awesome.  Being with my grandson is always fun but a girl has to amuse herself while the little man is in school.



Which one can I fit into?


The check out counter...lovely


I could sit here all day


I would wear either outfit but love the one on the right.  I love the clothes, boots and jewlry!!  I need to find me some boots, I will be checking the consignment shop by my house.




Which tiara is mine...

Oh, Paris

I am a sucker for ribbon, paper, crafting supplies, yarn ...well about anything I guess.  But when I went across the hall I spent another 30 minutes "fingering" (that is what my dear sister in law calls "longingly touching the item you desire").  The paper, ribbon and projects just made me want to buy one of everything.


Vintage ribbon, jars full, pitter patter went my heart

Wow...love the spindles and case



Village Bakery

This is where I had lunch Village Bakery  http://www.dinewithsal.com/ ...good eats.  Can you believe I was now ready to view some historic buildings.  I do admire a handsome house with big eyes (windows) and architectural details.

"Thou many of us go through our days parched and empty thirsting after happiness; where we're really standing knee deep in the river of abundance"  Sara Ban....Can you count your abundance?
Our trip ended with a tour of my favorite houses, churches and of course a view of the water with my little man.



Mount Pleasant Prebyterian Church erected 1854

These beautiful doors lead to the church.  This church served as a hospital during the Civil War. 



Saint Pauls Lutheran Church built 1884... the tin roof is gorgeous


Patjens Post Office

So with a quick tour of our favs and a view of the water we headed off to get Moma for a dinner of pizza and burgers at their favorite resturant.  He had the pizza with olives (his new like) and we had hamburgers and truffled french fries.  We had to play with the Ninja Lego's, watch a little TV and then off to bed.  Greenville in the morning!! and then off to Asheville to see Papa and Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di