Monday, August 29, 2011

My Asheville Cottage

Here is a tour of the cute cottage we are renting until we know the area.
Street view, we park UP the drive on the side of the house

The steps leading down to the mailbox across the street

The entry way to the front sun porch

I found this cute little cottage in one day!  Flew in stayed 2 nights and thankfully after viewing 4 different houses in Weaverville and Burnsville saw this.
The entry way, tight quarters to fit all my pretties.

Front sunroom

The back of the sunroom sitting area, everything slats to the right because of the slope.

I had to make a quick decision on a place because we were going to move in a month!  Have you tried to explain a space and decribe the details to your hubby?
Living room, media room ( a little tight but works well, we had to trade our big screen for this one)

Mimi and Papa's chairs



View into the dining room

He could not visualize anything.  It didn't make his list because: 1.  No garage  2.  Laundry room in a space outside house 3.  No fireplace.
But, I had a vision...cottage.  It was a chance to see if we could downsize and it was so cute.  Besides it was already painted with my colors...blue and white
Dining room, had to take the leaf out to fit it in.

We have alot of our family collectibles and items I have found over the years.  I'll tell you about the estate sale later (oh the agony)
View from Dining Room to Kitchen.

I unpacked my curtains and linens and everything worked out great.
Guest bedroom with my cottage Eastlake painted bedroom set (hubby almost sold it).


One of my custom pieces (French Windows made into a beautiful wardrobe).

guest room bathroom, black and white, oh la la.
    I have my mom's clocks (3 unpacked, 2 wall and 1 mantel clocks still packedBut I was able to get up my hubby to hang my favs.
Our bedroom, the king size bed fit (thank goodness, I promised hubby it would)  Of course, I didn't measure.  I will tell you the story of the wardrobe I bought that didn't fit in a later post.








Master bathroom
Back sunroom is our main entry.  We park our cars outside.  There is a guest room downstairs with a bathroom but you have to go outside and down some steps to get to that area.  It doesn't connect to the house.  For us it works well as our office/craft/guest room.  I will show that in the next post.
I hope you enjoyed my mini tour.  I will add the downstairs and awesome finds the next time.  Until then I hope your weekend was safe and dry and out of Irene's path.
Safe journey's
Di

4 comments:

  1. Oh Diane I love it!!!! I am so proud of you, Miss Tech Savvy!!! Hope all goes well with the job news. I really love the site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold on Diane, I'm on my way. I already love Asheville & I love antiques & cottage decor. We actually have a lot in common on this front. So happy to see that beautiful guest bedroom, it will be so great to live in when I get there!! You have done a fantastic job decorating & describing! Can't wait to see what is next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane,
    Catie from Catie's Corner. Thank you soo much for your lovely comment about my comment on Thrifty Decor Chick's blog. I was a little surprised by it. Glad I inspired you though. : ) Your home is soo sweet. I LOVE it! The town looks like it's out of a movie. I used to live in a community, here in Calgary, that's called Mount Pleasant. It was pleasant too. : )

    Keep at your blog!! You'll get the hang of things. I'm no pro, but I'm working towards it. Stop by anytime and say hi!

    ~ Catie

    Oh, and I'm your newest follower. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane,
    I'm so excited for you...i'm getting inspired by you. take care, karen b.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di