Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Out and About

Out and About on a Day Trip
Hubby and I decided to track down some ancestary information and went to a town his sister had always talked about that was a family namesake.  We found it wasn't very far so we ventured out.  It was a beautiful day and the town was very small.  Back in the day it was farm land and we don't know family that might still live there.  But we did find a beautiful church.  We have found out since there is family inn a town near where we were and there is an even older church and cemetary dating back to the 1700's.  We will venture that way I think soon.  I am sure the train station at one time was a great space to stop but as you can see it has been let alone for a while.  I sure would love some of the red tin siding!


White and Blue my favorite colors.  The train station is a little worse for wear.  The train even came while we were there. 



Beautiful old farmhouse, I wonder if this was a family house of hubby's relatives?  As we traveled back home we saw an antique sign, of course we had to stop.   The lady was so nice she stayed open until all the customers left.  Come to find out her husband's mom has the same last name as us and we will look to see if we are related...such a small world.
Exit 15 Highway 26, South Carolina  http://www.timeandtimeagainantiques.com/
 The outside had me with all the rustic tools.  I could not find one oil can to do the pumpkin project.

 Inside I took several pictures of some beautiful booths.  All the beautiful dishes and there was some ironstone also!




 One booth had great industrial items.


My Thifty find it this great folding table and chairs (4) and this great rusty chandelier!  I am leaving as is because the table is sealed for outside!  Only $40 for all!!

I am going to Link up to Uncommon Slice of Suburbia with one of my thirfty finds!!

 Tuesday’s Treasures is a weekly blog party hosted at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia. Link up your latest transformations, furniture revamps, room makeovers, you name it, link it!  I feature a handful of projects the following week.  http://www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com/p/houzz.html

Hope your Labor Day was Awesome, here it rained, Rained and RAINED.
Safe Journeys, Di

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to figure out where this place is. My Dad lives in Saluda, is this close to Saluda? I'm thinking of visiting him soon.
    I love that chandy!!! You did good there girl.
    I think your going to like your new home.
    The fall is coming!!!
    Have a great day~SueBee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di