Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 13 Family Fun and Living in the Moment

Day 13
In Mark Nepo's book, as I continue my reading, today he talkes about the Wisdom of the Torn Heart.
He decribes wisdom as being soft and yielding and courage to stay among the living.  Even when the world is painful we need to lean into what is nourishing and letting the rest move on through.
That comes at a good time of the year, as we move into the holidays.  Over the past 4 years I have lost a very important core of my family, mom, dad, sister-in-law and good friend.  These loses tear at my heart and sometime are to painful to carry.  But the love and joy in my life helps to keep going.

I didn't start out to talk about loss but the journey through this book did happen to mirror what has been in my heart. This was my first birthday without my mom and I sure missed her and the wonderful birthday dinner she always fixed...Roast Pork, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Cheesebiscuts, Green Beans and Lemon Meringue Pie. She made sure to treat me to something special, usually a trip to the antique mall!!  My wonderful family made sure to take me out to a wonderful place and we had a great time.

My mom, daughter and me

My lovely daughters and me

Hubby and daughters, true joy!

Mom with her 1st great grandchild!!

So today I will remember my parents, claim the love they gave me and enjoy the family around me.

Apple picking this weekend for some pies, crepes and applesauce and doesn't apple cider sound good too!!

Safe Travels,
Di

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di