Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 16 Family Fun and Living in the moment "A Fall Lazy Day"

                              Day 16
Look at every path closely and deliberately.  Try it as many times as you think necessary.  Then ask yourself, and yourself alone...Does this path have a heart?  If it does, the path is good.  If it doesn't, it is of no use.
----- Carlos Castaneda

                                               We went for an old fashion Sunday drive and it was glorious...

Curious where this path goes...
Come along with us, up the road...
Into the pasture to visit a beautiful spot...
There it is over the creek...

A country setting...
A country barn...A beautiful display of color...

And all just down the way from my house...I am blessed.
I was a lucky girl and stopped by one of my favorite shops on the way to let my daughter's dog "Chewie" out.  I found 2 surprises...  Anne Slone paint and wax and vintage nurses pictures.
First let me say to have a shop that carries the paint in my area is to fab for words.  Second, they will be attending a workshop to help us with out techniques and third, I am in love with Anne Slone paint.  Please visit The Pink House,  email is pinkhousetreasures@frontier.com if you need directions! 99 Weaverville Hwy. Asheville, NC 28804
My Second Surprise was while talking to the shop owner, Sherry, she told me about 2 old nursing school pictures.  We discussed the prints, looked at the uniforms (she was saving these from an estate she had purchased).  She just didn't want them to lay aside, when I asked if I could buy them and explained I was a nurse, she gifted them to me.  And now they will have a place in my medical case.
The 50's
 me in the 70's
                                                The times have changed quite a bit, but the path I chose does have a heart.  I love taking care of people and sharing my knowledge.  My path follows a family love, my great grandmother was a mid-wife, my grandmother, aunt and cousin were and are nurses.
Where does your path follow?

Safe Travels,
Di









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di