Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dreaming of an Ironstone Christmas

Dreaming of An Ironstone Christmas

I have been collecting Ironstone for a while, I love the marks on the back, buffalo china and pitchers.  But going through the plates that I set aside for my shop and my house, my daughter and I had a day of playing and sharing memories.





                                               This one I'm keeping, it reminds me of my fiesty dad.  My dad made my brother and my family a set of reindeers for the yard.  He also had a set for my mom and him.  As we were sitting in the family room at their house, I saw someone in the front yard.  It looked like they were taking the reindeers!  I shouted and my dad and I rushed to the front door.  This fralie man pushed me out of the way and headed out, ready for a fight.  Well, it was a joke, his friend was taking the deers to hide them!!  We laughed so hard, I don't know what was funnier him pushing me out of the way or me thinking I could handle whoever was stealing our deer!!







Which is your favorite?  I asked my daughter, "can't I just keep them all!"  Remember "To much of a good thing is a good thing!"     
My mom loved butter pats and I can tell you we bought quite a few, funny thing is they would disapear!  We would come home and honestly they would not be in the package.  I think I gave her one a month...I still do not have one butter pat to this day (even after going through her estate).  Where did they all go...well, they are still on my wish list.  I saw a great collection at frog goes to market.  I am putting this on my Christmas List.

Joy to you all and keep the laughter and memories coming.

                                                DI
Linking to : somewhat simple
Photobucket

{Primp}vif187

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you here Di! I love old worn, cracky and even chipped ironstone. What a great idea with the scrabble letters, I have 2 big jars full! Hope you are enjoying your fall weather~xoxo~SueBee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di, LOVE these, they're wondeerful! Love the story of your Dad, too funny! Great memories! thanks for sharing the fun, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super creative..I love it.. Very inspirational blog you have here.. So much creativity.. Officially following ya with smiles.. I'm Marilyn and will love for you to stop in sometime.. I have a Pin'Inspirational party happening right now I'd LOVE for you to link this to please..? TY so much.. Wishing you a great start to your weekend.. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/pininspirational-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ironstone is very pretty adorned with scrabble letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your arty collection! That's a pretty funny reindeer story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...such CUTE ideas!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just AODRE old ironstone and these are lovely! how clever of you! merci for your visit to my blog and your sweet words. made me smile! ;) it would seem that an "affinity" to clocks runs in your family? how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vanishing butter pats? Hope they turn up. Those would be cute to use this way too, I like your plates.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di