Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Girly Gifts for my sweet Girls

Projects for my girls

Each year I try to do something special for my girls (now in their thirties).  This year I took vintage finds from my mom's estate.
This sewing basket was something my oldest needs, she wants to learn to sew and doesn't have any sewing tools.


                                      Beautiful pleated satin inside and some vintage sewing tools

                           I then took a pocket watch style locket and sanded it, destressed it
and add a vintage watch part, the ribbon is vintage french!
 Inside I added pieces of an old french music sheet and pictures from a family trip.
 I made the Santa Claus tray from a downloaded picture from The Graphic Fairy, mod podged it on my tray added the vintage buttons, scrabble tiles, keys and ribbion.
   The sweet picture is the girls in the 80's!

                                                                         My next gift was working on a box filled with organic paper for my other daughter.  I took vintage postcards from Florida, watch and buttons.  Again modge podged the postcards after gluing them on.  I then added the buttons and watch with hot glue gun.

Next project working on the boys gifts.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving,
Di
Linking to

A Stroll Thru Life - Table Top Tuesday

My Romantic Home Show and Tell





6 comments:

  1. Very creative and beautiful gifts! How nice for your girls! I'm your newest follower!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Brag Monday, your creations are pretty and personal- love the postcard box, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, what special gifts. Thanks so much for joining TTT and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so sweet!!

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Handmade gifts are the best! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of handmade gifts, great creative work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di