Saturday, November 12, 2011

Mom's Recipies

Mom's Recipies

Don't you love to find handwritten recipies?  My mom my Birthday Cakes for me for years...I have the memories of her preparing this cake.


It has been cold in Asheville and that certainly puts us in the mood to nest.  We had a great Pie day testing our recipies for Thanksgiving.     So we gathered our recipies...me prefering my handwritten heritage recipies and my daughter, hi-tech, with her Epicurious search.


We got out the 1950's mixer because I wanted to make my pie like my mom did
 
             I didn't get my usual pie for my birthday so I made my mom's Lemon Meragine Pie.  Kiki said I even did the Meragine perfectly.

KiKi made her Apple Crumb pie.  Both came out fanstatic and we have just a little tweaking to do.
Ro and I had date night on Friday to see his cousin Charlotte's play.  Ro bought flowers to give her after her performance.  Best date night with my grandson.


I hope you have a fantastic weekend... Safe Travels, Di

Fishtail Cottage One Year Giveaway's Celebration!

French Farmhouse Giveaway!!

Linking up with some fun people


vif187
French Country Cottage's: Feathered Nest Friday
Freckled Laundry's: Air Your Laundry Friday
Romantic Home's: Show and Tell Friday
Vintage Farmhouse's: Creative Things Thursday

6 comments:

  1. I agree, the old family recipes are always the best. Hand written is an extra plus!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful to see how you display your recipe - the lemon meringue look wonderful. Think I should bake one. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there thank you for stopping by my blog for the give away its an exciting time with the new boutique about to launch hopefully in the next 72 hours. You have a lovely blog, I too love a hand written recipe it comes with a history. I love baking with my son i also have a cookery corner on my blog sharing recipes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really sweet treasure and piece of family history! The pies look delicious too!

    Thank you for linking this lovely post to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I love, love, love your blog banner! And the little wooden shoe lasts in your post photo are darling!

    I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How darling- I love your recipe cards- such treasures! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di