Thursday, December 1, 2011

Burlap Creations

                                                BURLAP CREATIONS

I finally found a good fabric place in Asheville...Foam and Fabric on Merrimon.  The ladies were helpful, customers friendly and I found my burlap!  I had burlap from my garden center and used it to make a beautiful table runner and flowers.




My family loved their shopping "Vintage Tablecloth" bags last year.  So I thought I would change it up a bit and make a carry-all bag.  I followed a post by La Maison Reid.
I followed it step by step and added my lace and knitted flowers.  I did change the sizing to make some for my little nieces but followed the instructions for the bigger GIRLS

I made my nieces pillows, bears and angel wings

Than I added to the purses for the girls


I made some taller ones for the ladies, good thing because I my daughter saw these and wants one (without lace)!

Then I started the stockings.  I used my BURLAP, feed sacks, quilt pieces and vintage fabrics







I just have a few more projects to finish up.  To see my other projects
                                                                       Apples, Banners and Totes

Have a great weekend and join in on the Christmas Fun...Linking up with
Holiday



somewhat simple
 Creating Christmas at The Girl Creative                                                                                         Di

3 comments:

  1. What great ideas!!! You are so talented! I don't have a 'crafty' bone in my body, so I need you at MY house! :)

    Hugs,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really are talented. So cute. Thanks for linking up to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little bags with the lace trim! Thanks so much for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di