Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Favorite Things

Favorite Things...(said in my Oprah voice)

Giving      Take your ribbions and outdoor greenry and WRAP
  My friend (niece) Brandi always does a gift with the ingrediants and beautiful container...this has saved me during the holiday visits!


  In my family we love homemade gifts...I love spices, oils and cookies
    We usually pick one theme and make something we would like...this idea and recipie came from Whole Foods (3 of my family work there)

Makes 2 cups of salt or enough for 4 (1/2 cup) gifts

Lemon, lime and orange zest add bright, fresh flavor to gourmet sea salt. A great addition to any seafood dish from grilled fish to shrimp stir fry, and perfect for rimming margarita glasses too. Package for gift giving with our downloadable gift tag.

Ingredients

2 cups sea salt, grey salt or fleur de sel
2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
1 tablespoons fresh lime zest
1 tablespoons fresh orange zest

Method

Preheat oven to 225°F. Mix salt with zest and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Place in oven and bake 2 hours, until zest is dry. Place in a food processor or blender and pulse until evenly mixed. Divide evenly and package in decorative containers for gift giving.
I will make enough of this for me too!!

I hope you will save some of your favorite things for yourself also!!


                   

Sharing with  320 Sycamore Favorite Things Party

Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life














Nesting Place  and

DI

3 comments:

  1. We are doing homemade gifts this year and you have some thoughtful ideas here. The citrus salt sounds yummy! I am a new follower visiting from Sew Crafty Tuesday. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  2. homemade gifts are the best, have never heard of citrus salt. your friends sure are lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great gift ideas! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di