Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Christmas Mantel

                                                                My Christmas Mantel






man·tel also man·tle  (mntl)
n.
1. An ornamental facing around a fireplace. Also called regionally mantelpiece.
2. The protruding shelf over a fireplace. Also called mantelpiece, mantelshelf; also called regionally fireboard.
Usually you would have a fireplace but we don't have one in our cottage.  We did have a fireplace but during this cottages reno they took it out to add the master bedroom and bath.  Gosh, I wish they would have kept it...we could use it.
So what is a girl to do.  I took the literal definition on #2, mantel shelf, the protruding shelf over "a fireplace".  Okay, I have a protruding shelf over my buffet...it will work.
                                                                             
















                             Peace My Dear Friends, Di
Sharing with Faded Charm White Wednesday and My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Mantels 

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Beautifully done. Following you my friend. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. protruding shelf over a buffet. i think that works. heck, i merely use a hall table...really, i use any and all flat expanses that i can find, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the eclectic mix, and all the things in your "Cottage Wishes" assemblage. I should probably follow you then, right? Glad to find you through White Wednesday. :)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  4. No fireplace, no matter - your mantle looks gorgeous ! I'm not a minimalist either !!!
    Hoping you'll follow me back to justpaintitwhite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di