Saturday, January 21, 2012

First Anne Sloan Paint Project

I have been anxious to try Anne Sloan's Chalk Paint since I saw Miss Mustard Seed's Blog.
Oh, those colors...which one to choose.  So imagine my surprise when I went to one of the local antique stores, The Pink House, and learned they were going to a class and were going to carry the paint.  I was very patient and waited, and waited for them to have a class...yea it was this Monday. 
One of my to do projects on my list to get done was going to get completed.

So this is the 60's French Provencil Drum table.  It was actually a yellow gold color.

This is the matching secretary I found at a separate store

It will be next on the list after the drum table

Look at all this glorious paint

Brush, wax and paint brushes, oh yes, color charts


I painted the table with old white all over

The apron Louis Blue

The top Louis Blue and lightly sanded so the raised flowers would show the white.  We distressed it a bit.

I waxed it with the clear wax and am buffing it daily.
The more I look at it I want to distress with dark wax...I'm even thinking of putting some of the gold back on in certain areas on the legs.

This is how it looks in the sunroom.





Courage continues as I move on to the secretary...I can do this, I know I can.

Furniture Feature Fridays

“I really don't think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don't mind the failure but I can't imagine that I'd forgive myself if I didn't try.”Nikki Giovanni

Thistlewood Farm
Andrea from The Cottage Market
Karah from The Space Between.
Kari from Thistlewood Farm.
Kelly from Eclectically Vintage.
Linda from It All Started With Paint.
Tracey from A Sort of Fairytale

PS
I am linking because Debbie told me to.  Debbie from DebbieDoo's  and Shades of Amber are having a giveaway!  So I am going to link up to Amber's beautiful site because not only is she hosting a giveaway but she has a great blog on Anne Sloan Paints with a bunch a beautiful links
Giveaway..go check it out.

6 comments:

  1. Oh LOVE this!! That blue is to die for!! Is the paint as easy to use as they say?? It looks like it goes on well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, yes the paint is very easy, I put on one coat of white first, it dried quickly and then I started on the blue. We started at 6:15pm and ended 9:30pm. Completely waxed and ready to go home. I was able to shop around the store in between!!

      Delete
  2. Oh its so pretty! Does a quart go a long way?
    I really want to try it, I have an old bedroom suit
    waiting for some chalk paint :)
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a quart will go a long way, I will be able to do the secretary and have left overs to do all my other projects with the old white. Sherry at our store has been painting many pieces with one quart. I will check with her, how many pieces do you have...you can go to her facebook page and ask or I can check with her. Go for it, you will love it.

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous and you did a great job. I removed the link from my blog because my party is a copy cat challenge, you can link up to shades of amber for their linky. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your link over at Shades of Amber- you did a great job! I just did my first little ASCP project, too! I didn't take a class and didn't have the wax, so not sure if it's really a legitimate ASCP project- I did use the chalk paint, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di