Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Imagine

Imagine the Impossibilities

When I saw this challenge I was reluctant to join but when I continued reading I was encouraged to imagine, dream and find COURAGE to define my impossibilities.
So, I wrote down what I had been imagining:
Writing
Taking my creativity to a new level
Photography
Learning to paint with Anne Slone Chalk paint
Growing my carrer in a new direction
Discovering new places in our backyard (the beautiful Western North Carolina, South Carolina and Tenn.)

Hubby and Daughter in Lanford, SC
I KNOW alot, but they said to imagine.

I have been searching for a carrer direction since last July.  Having retired from my Nurse job, 36 years, I am struggling to find my niche.  I am over qualified, no experience in the hospital field or home health.  I think I have tried every choice presented.  The recruiter at the local hospital and I talk weekly, she is so kind.  But, still no job.  I've been close on two attempts and do have a temporary job but it is only 2-4 days a month.  Just not enough to help out but does give me some thrifting dollars.  Thank goodness for my lovely children, my oldest and family has moved in.  We are helping each other, me being a full time grandmother watching my grandkids and cooking and cleaning.
So that brought me to my impossiblities...get going!
First I signed up for the most fabulous class with Jeanne Oliver.  I have taken classes before and usually copy what the instructor does.  This time I want to explore my gifts.  Jeanne is leading me with her gentle style.


 My pieces to paint

My mom as a baby with her siblings, my writing will lead me to explore how illness affected and shaped me into the person I am.

I love French County and Shabby Chic
My sweet little bungalow and new life with my hubby as we explore WNC.  Hopefully, I can share my finds and decorating with you and my new writing adventure.
With all my heart I will strive to make my impossibilities into Possibilities

IMAGINE

“I really don't think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don't mind the failure but I can't imagine that I'd forgive myself if I didn't try.”Nikki Giovanni

Thistlewood Farm
Andrea from The Cottage Market
Karah from The Space Between.
Kari from Thistlewood Farm.
Kelly from Eclectically Vintage.
Linda from It All Started With Paint.
Tracey from A Sort of Fairytale

6 comments:

  1. WOW! You are so wonderful! I think you have truly embraced the challenge and all it represents. I cannot WAIT to see what your classes have taught you and your finished painted pieces.

    Thank you so much for the shout-out! Have a blessed and wonderful day!
    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! you are really taking hold and DOING IT!!!!!! you are going to learn SO much and have SO much fun! i can't wait to see what you create!!!!!! thank you so much for joining our little impossibilities challenge and believe me -- we will ALL be watching-- i for one and SOOOOOO excited for you!!!!: ) YEAH!!!!! hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di! I absolutely love that quote you added, it's so true. I agree with Kari, you have taken on the true meaning of the challenge. It's so fun to have you involved. Thanks so much for posting our button and links to our blogs!
    I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful!!! Like the gals said before me you are really embracing this challenge!!! When you find your niche, can you help me look for mine!! While you're out exploring if your ever in the Southwestern Virginia area let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - no regrets and try everything. You'll have a great time exploring your artistic side and I can't wait to see what you come up with! Thanks for posting our button too.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree try, try, and try again. I found you at Ruby Jeans. I have a weekly linky Fridya-Monday, I would love for you to join. I am also hosting a Valentine contest. If you have any Valentine posts you can link up for a chance to win. Ends Feb 5.
    Hope to see you soon.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di