Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ironstone and Blue & White

                     SWITCHING IT UP

I packed up the holiday decorations, put out my new treasures and started working on my Etsy shop.
That is when I found the broken dishes.  My heart sunk because I was saving the ironstone for me.  Also, my yelloware was a 3 bowl set and now the largest one was broken.  Sigh...


                                                                       Ouch
                                                     So, I go my supplies, E-6000 and a q-tip
                       I spread the Adhessive on the piece and placed it into the crack

                                                   It is sturdy for display but I won't be able to serve in it
 So now it's ready to be filled.  I decided to switch my bookcase up to the calming blue and white.  I love my decorations but the white in this small area is so relaxing and cheerful.
Hearts from My DaughtersMy girls when they were littleMy Valentine IronstoneIsn't this picture cute!!  A Little Princess waiting to grow up!
I found this at the Thrift Shop and thought is was a sweet reminder of my youth and the dreams we have as children.  What did you want to be when you were young?  Me, I always wanted to be a nurse!  and I am.
linking up with
                                                  Vintage Friday with Common Grounds
                                                                Freckled Laundry
                                                    French CountryCottage                                                                           
                                                                      A to Z Home Stories















r

14 comments:

  1. Ouch! Love yelloware! Happy you were able to salvage both pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I forgot to post that picture! It still hurts, thanks for stopping by. Di

      Delete
  2. oh such beautiful pieces...but now you will have them! I want to thank you so much for posting this as I have a french "commode" pot that I too broke and have been holding on to for (years) repair! Thanks for the hard core repair lesson!
    Your little girl picture is adorable.
    Well I always wanted to be a stay @ home mom...and I was! Now we collect & sell antiques & have a booth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You took that break up pretty darn good, better than I would have. But being a nurse you know how to respond under stress. I love both yellow ware and ironstone,glad you fixed it up.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too bad those dishes broke, Di, but I'm glad you were able to glue them together and use them for display purposes. I unpacked some of my green pieces recently and one, a small gravy boat with saucer, had broken. The saucer part wasn't fixable, but I used the little cabbage leaf gravy boat to hold my SOS pad by the sink. I had been looking for something for the pad anyway, and so this accident turned positive for me.

    Visiting from Ruby Jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find so many pieces with repairs already. I love them for display. Obviously your pieces are still beautiful! I love how you've used yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a shame your beuatiful pieces were broken. I'm sure you will still love them no matter what. Now you can play with them anyway you want. Now that will really work out even better, because....you will use them more to play with than to serve in..well maybe..I just found you at Home Sweet Home and thought I would follow you around..hope you dont mind? LOL!
    Kindredly,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that must have broken your heart! But, I love that you glued them together and are using them in your decor!! They are such sweet vignettes!

    Thanks for linking up to my party!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you were able to rescue your treasures,
    Love that little blue clay "Love you" heart....

    I was the only girl in HS that wanted to be
    just a "Mom" when I grew up, everyone thought
    that was so stupid, between all the Secretaries,
    Teachers & Nurses.... I stayed true & was the
    stay at home Mom (most of the time) Now My Joy
    are My Grands!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a shame, but so glad you fixed them, the withe one looks so nice in your new Valentine's spot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the hearts and the seashells! I'm going to take a closer look at those! Very sweet! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing this fabulous post to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry your beautiful pieces got broken but glad you could fix them and still use them, and they still are lovely to display with! Love your sweet valentines in it!
    Story of my life! Everything flawed, but I find a way to make it work anyway! That E6000 glue is great! So are super glue and hot glue guns!
    I'm your newest follower! I'm still dreaming of what I want to be, when I grow up! So many things: artist, accomplished pianist, treasure shop owner, etc.
    Be blessed! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di