Friday, January 27, 2012

My Special Valentine Wish

This is the Sweet ironstone dish I made with my mom's watch parts, I found the cute red shoes and added them to the book case for Valentines Day...
When my father-in-law was overseas during World War II my mother-in law sent him beautiful cards.  My hubby gets that special gift from her.  He writes beautiful words and picks out special cards.  Hubby dad's nickname was Buddy, it is so sweet to see these cards and share a few with you.



They met in New York, she an Irish lassie from Boston and he a southern guy from South Carolina.

Rita sent Bud cards for every occasion and he kept everyone of them!

Do You Have a Favorite Valentine Card?

My special Valentine wish for you is to share you heart with someone who needs some special encouragement.  I am sharing mine with my brother and sister (in-law).  They have been together since high school and one of the reasons we moved to NC.  Now they are making a hard decision to move for a job opportunity.  My heart to theirs for that extra love and encouragement a big sister can give!!
Di
sharing with
   Ivy and Elephants

2 comments:

  1. I love old Valentines...they are so special! I enjoyed your post, such nice memories to share! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely sweet valentines! Thanks so much for hosting and coming to party with us at WIW. Hope to see you this week, too!
    Big hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di