Saturday, January 7, 2012

Shopping with my Little Buddy Ro

Shopping with my little Buddy

When your day starts out with MiMi I like your earrings and necklace and ends with Ro telling his parents he had a big day, all is right with my world.

We headed out to our favorite place The Screen Door.  Antiquing and reading is our thing to do today.
                                                         Reading in this charming place is so cozy
                                                                                    
                                      
                                                 Today was a 5 book day for Ro and great book for Me
                                          Now I love this Truck with flowers by Annie Seike






I really want a Santos

Ro decided to stage his picture, good job Buddy!!  He found some treasures and talked to so nice people.  We saw
Rhoda  Southern Hospitality.   I had just read her post this morning and entered her contest.  She was with her friends shopping around time.  So nice to meet Rhoda in person, just as sweet as her posts!

Next we went to a lovely shop Eagledove Greenhouse on Swannanoa River Rd.  It is right up the road from The Tobacco Barn and Oddfellows Antique Mall.  The Greenhouse has great plants, antiques, chickens and organic feed.   The owner was having a sale of some of her collectibles, they have the most marvelous gardens in the spring.  She was kind enough to show Ro the chickens and bunnies.


 She has beautiful chickens that lay blue, green and brown eggs.  Ro found a cool rusty box and wouldn't let it go, he didn't want anyone else to have it!
Next we saw the rabbits!  So beautiful and sweet
 I got this chair for free, what they didn't pay me to take it away (comments from my family)

I wanted the springs and some of the wood

 I have some great ideas for the springs!
This table was only $2, I will use it as a potting table


The rocking chair $3 and the silver serving dish was my most expensive buy at $6

Love the detail and initials and of course the patina.

Such a nice day and great to meet Rhoda!
Di
               Privet and Holly for Monday Words














Photobucket"


11 comments:

  1. What a lovely day! I can't wait to see what you do with the springs and the wood from the chair. I love tarnished silver, too. :)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following over from DebbieDoo's. That chair would have come home with me too despite looks of shock from my husband...lol. Love the silver piece too. Silver is one of my many weaknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie! Btw, I appreciate that you took the time to join us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) Your latest follower as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some great finds with your little helper along.
    Your newest follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love your taste in junk as some would call it... but we all know it's treasures.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day you had. I would have bought everything you bought. The parts of that chair have great potential. My kind of day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great day. I can't wait to see what you do with the springs, I have an old box spring that I need some inspiration for.
    A few blogger friends and I have collectively introduced a fun challenge for January. It would be so awesome if you want to participate! http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a wonderful and interesting day. And getting the chair for free was quite the deal. I've seen repurposed springs used in some very creative ways. I'm your newest follower and I hope you can pop over to Cottage and Creek and follow back.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found some wonderful treasures. Your little "helper" did a great job helping you...what a cute little boy! Sounds like the perfect day from beginning to end. I'm visiting from lovely Suzanne's Monday Moments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post makes me
    miss the days when
    my little buddy was
    5 and his sissie was
    9 and in school. He
    was always a very good
    shopper and treasure-
    hunter with his mama : )
    Thanks for linking to
    Monday Moments!

    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di