Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Favorite Project

I am joining the Linky Party at the Fine Craft Build with my favorite project.  At the beginning of the year I posted this post about my sunroom redo and Anne Sloan Paint first project.  The Fine Craft Guild is having the linky to showcase your favorite projects and review the others posted.
Fine Craft Guild

Please join me and check these out...  I did decide to add some new pictures to this post.

Tackling my Daunting Projects...what a way to start the new year!  My Inspiration piece

It has all my favorite colors, Blue and Cream (for St. Patricks Day I will tell you my Ireland story of my daughters wedding).
First, rearrange the sunroom to allow better seating and a space where I can walk without bumping into everything!

Nice but awkward
 Second, the secretary and table need to be brought into 2012.  They were bought separately but had the same yellow paint technique.  Time for my first Anne Sloan Chalk Paint experience.

 Third, while doing all this I am taking an E-series Art class.  Can we say overdoer.
Fourth I am trying to get an article together.
Fifth, yes, there is a fifth...get a job, I have been actively looking since we moved.  I retired from my previous one but do need to find a job here.
So the process and results

  #1 Room Redo...I will show at the end!!

#2 Anne Sloan Chalk Paint Table and Secretary Redo...here my fun started
I had a few repairs to do but no sanding, no priming and off I go!

Disassembled and applied a coat of Old White on the entire piece

I took off the glass door, drop down and slid out the cubbies.  I decided to just swipe at the cubbies to give it a used look.

First coat on and drying


 I had to keep the hardware on the drop down, couldn't find how to take them off...carefully I got it done and put a coat of Louis Blue on the drawers


Assembled everything, love the little drawer!  Then my dreaded waxing, the clear wax to me was not a problem.  I waxed and then worried with the dark wax.  I didn't want it to heavy, so I dipped my brush in the dark and went for it!  Oh no too much, no worries, the clear erased it.  Next I took a smaller brush and took it off the brush and hit the cervices.  Once some was off I took the big brush and hit the areas were it would appear worn.

I painted the inside shelfs with 2 coats of Louis Blue to showcase my treasures.



 #3 Jeanne Oliver Art Class, now, I know this is long and wordy, needless to say.  A lot to do but I was able to complete week 1 and 2 , working on week 3 now and making a Santos Cage Doll is coming up!!  I am trying new techniques and freeing up my creativity.  I am a little messy, but hey creating!

#4 Writing, it has been my thing to do when I am happy, sad or stressed.  I have journaled since I was in high school and my style has changed over the years.  But now I want to share on a bigger level.  I will need to grow my skills in photography and that will come.  But I have a start, I submitted a piece and have been asked to submit some more work.  I am tickled at just getting that notice.    Yea, I submitted my pictures and article and am waiting to see if they will be featured

#5 Job, you know when you put goals out there the energy doesn't just stay down.  I finally got a call from a place I put in an application in November.  The phone interview went well and I have an upcoming team interview February 6th.  Please keep good thoughts coming my way!!

After this post I was blessed with another call for a physician practice.  I am so tickled to say I have accepted this position.  Even though the other job interview with the team went well, my heart said to that the practice job.  I have been there 2 days and feel like I am in the right place!

Thank you for hosting this challenge, I set some hefty goals but it was the push I needed.  My daughters tell me I have cleared a path for the job!!

#1 The room re-do 








 A cozy reading spot with some of my favorites things around me, each piece has a story.  I had many fun adventures with family and friends getting these treasures.  But most of all my treasures are my dear ones.
Thanks friends for getting us going into the new year by tackling our daunting projects.  The impossible is possible!
So here we are February with March coming in strong.  Thank You friends in Blogland for your wonderful challenges and support.  You have got me through the last 7 months of nonemployment with wonderful ideas to get me going in my blog.
Much love, Di

“I really don't think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don't mind the failure but I can't imagine that I'd forgive myself if I didn't try.”Nikki Giovanni


Thistlewood Farm              Shades of Amber        Knick of Time           Katherine's Corner
Andrea from The Cottage Market
Karah from The Space Between.
Kari from Thistlewood Farm.
Kelly from Eclectically Vintage.
Linda from It All Started With Paint.
Tracey from A Sort of Fairytale

15 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!! Incredible job! I cannot believe what you got accomplished! I am a little in awe of you and I understand why you might be a little tired :) Great "impossible" my friend!
    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A busy beaver there! Congrats on all your completed projects and good luck on the job hunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and fresh and the Annie Sloan experience was a success.

    Thanks so much for sharing at our "Impossibilities" link party ...

    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!your room looks so inviting and I am impressed by all you have managed to do. I am trying out chalk paint this week also. I bought some AS but made some of my own first to try so I could compare them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great! You tackled so many projects and conquered them all! The furniture upgrades are fantastic, the new layout is very comfortable. I am super stoked for you about the request for more writing material and the upcoming interview. My fingers are crossed for you!! Thanks so much for linking up to the challenge!! Karah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on achieving so much - I love your furniture re-do's and your re-arranged sunroom. Good luck with all your other endeavours and finding a job !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You did a great job! And you did A LOT!!!
    I love the wall shelf with the little drawers!
    You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! Great job! You are definitely a busy bee! Thanks for sharing your "impossibility"! <3 from your newest follower and fellow {brand-new} blogger! Check out my "impossibility" and follow back!

    ~Misty
    www.413sparrowlane.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful job and absolutely amazing that you accomplished so many tasks!! I actually am in awe!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. You need to put your feet up right now - I'm exhausted just reading all the things you accomplished! That secretary is fabulous! Thanks for joining our Impossibilities Challenge. Following.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of your sun room now - it looks so welcoming and a great place to relax with a good book, a cup of tea and a slice of cake! Your renovation of the furniture is lovely too - you set yourself so many challenges but achieved so much too. Well done - and good luck for the job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whew! I feel a bit
    winded after reading
    about all of the GREAT
    things that you got
    accomplished in January!
    Congratulations and I
    hope that new job will
    be the icing on the cake.
    Thank you for your kind
    comments on my blog.
    Sending you hugs!

    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great revamping of those pieces of furniture. Good bones + paint = greatness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an exciting time for you. You are one busy girl! Everything from the furniture to the art really look great. Congrats on the writing and possible job interview too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful room! It looks like a great place to read! I found you on the Craft Guild Linky Party, now following!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di