Sunday, January 22, 2012

A True Friend

As I was creating my projects during my 2nd week of Jeanne Oliver's class, I couldn't help but think of one of my good friends.  When I was raising my little girls a lovely couple moved next door.  Little did I realize how this woman would enrich my life.  She has taught me by example who a Christian woman is.  I learned how to paint, decorate and grow in God's word.  She and her husband invited us to their church and hubby and I grew so much.

I was reflecting how Kathy touches so many people with her kindness and sweet nature.  We have talked and shared so much over the years.  I have admired her creativity since the moment I met her.  We have watched our children grow up to be adults.  Her daughter recently married and I know her joy at planning and seeing things unfold.
"HOLD a true friend with both of your hands." Unknown
 She was the shoulder I leaned on when I had an extremely hard day at the hospital one afternoon.  I cried telling her the story about a patient I took care of.  She prayed with me and gave me courage to return the next day.  She has always been a cheerleader, celebrating accomplishments, grief and joy.
 I take the courage of  friendship to grow in my creativity and discover my talents. 

"The real secret of happiness is not what you give or receive, it's what you share." Nigerian Proverb


Mr. and Mrs. riding to the reception (Kathy's beautiful daughter and new son in law)

Many people will walk in and out of your life
But only a true friend will leave footprints in your heart.
Eleanor Roosevelt

I am so blessed to have loving, supportive people who have come into my life.  I will be lifting them up in the next few weeks as Valentine's Posts.

Sharing with encouraging people, Have a Wonderful Day, Di 
Thistlewood Farm
Andrea from The Cottage Market
Karah from The Space Between.
Kari from Thistlewood Farm.
Kelly from Eclectically Vintage.
Linda from It All Started With Paint.
Tracey from A Sort of Fairytale


Homemakers on a Dime Party Hop

Boogieboard Cottage Table Top Tuesday A Stroll Thru Life         
                                                              Primp Your Stuff
                                                       Blue Cricket Show and Tell

10 comments:

  1. I love the quote about holding true friends with both hands, it is so true. Thank you so much for sharing!! And, a big thanks for posting our challenge button and linking up to our blogs. I'm looking forward to seeing you linked up on the 31st!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di,

    What a beautiful post with such beautiful quotes! So glad that you've share the "Impossibilities" challenge button and the links to all of us! So very sweet. Can't wait to see your link up on the 31st!

    xo
    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sweetie! you projects are amazing!!!! i am so excited that you are taking these classes!!! sending hugs and support always!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the shout out! I love your artwork and the story behind it. What a wonderful mentor!
    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to have a creative outlet and a friend who motivates you to be better! Your projects are fantastic! Thanks for supporting and joining our challenge!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. hOW NICE TO HAVE A FRIEND WHO INSPIRED YOU IN SO MUCH OF YOUR LIFE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh love Mrs. Roosevelt's quote! You both were extremely lucky to have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful drawings and bride! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Di,

    You did leave a comment on my GIVEAWAY post as being a follower but I only found Diane, who Liked my Facebook Page. Is that you?
    To make your comment entry valid, you ought to follow my blog as well.
    This was a lovely post and so true about great friends. We're blessed finding them on our path on earth.
    Love to you,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Di,

    Thanks for the follow, your D is in the race now!
    Love to you,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di