Monday, January 9, 2012

Words To Live By

Fortitudo, by Sandro Botticelli,
From Wikipedia

cour·age

[kur-ij, kuhr-]
noun
1. the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery.
2. Obsolete . the heart as the source of emotion.
origin
< Old French, equivalent to cuer, heart.

I read Lyla's post about choosing one word that has the potential to inspire you and create intention in your life, all year long.  Courage immediately came to mind.

                                             Courage has many faces.  Defending your country.
Defending your faith.

                                                             Upholding your values


                                                           Leaving your home

To Share your Dreams
To climb new heights to a new place
To uplift and share

To Spring forward and grow but not to forget your

ROOTS.


 

But to take those roots and nuture the future.


                                                     The future of youth, dicovery and family.






I will have the courage to explore new options, make decisions and enjoy each day.


The Courage to Fly

I will take that leap of faith every day and look for those opportunities to grow.


Join me on this year's journey and we will cheer each other on,

Di
center>



Boogieboard Cottage

The word-of-the-year party is happening January 16 at

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking out my bookcase. I like your word choice! It encompasses so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think what has been accomplished because of courage. What we could and would accomplish is we always had the courage.
    Very nice thank you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gave you an award on my blog..come check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Di, A Thrifted Market sent me! What a beautiful and inspiring post! Wishing you lots of courage for the new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courage was my word last year... you can read about how that word helped me through the year by going to my blog and clicking the Word of the Year tag on the sidebar!

    I hope this year brings many wonderful things as a result of your courage! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di