Friday, February 3, 2012

Did they pay you to take it?

At the beginning of January I was out and about and stopped at the Evergreen Organic Garden & Feed Store and yes also an Antique store.  They were having a SALE.  I got quite a few great items and noticed a piece with a sign FREE.  I took it home and fam said did they pay you to take it?
In it's glory it was beautiful, unfortunately, I had to take it apart!  I wanted the top of the chair and the springs...
Beautiful wood flower and deconstructed look with the nails.


Yep, I saved the legs that had wheels, burlap and SPRINGSThey were filthy.

I took my Anne Sloan paint, coated it with Old White, followed by Blue, wax (it was already distressed!)

Here with Old White

I wanted to place it with my newly painted pieceThe crown to my secretary!

Stay Tuned for the Spring Reveal!
Di
Sharing with




Ivy and Elephants

      {Primp}

  

7 comments:

  1. Great eye for detail girl..Hope you have the best day ever..Hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great--I wish I would have done something like that with an old chair I had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never pass up anything that's free! I can see the possibilities.
    Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at WIW. I can't wait until next week to see how it all turns out!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever!

    I came over from Thursday Favorites. I have to say, with a title like "Did they pay you to take it?" I couldn't resist taking a peek! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are awesome! I love it, how creative!!!Thank you for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop linky party. Sending Happy Weekend Wishes! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Sounds like something I would do. Looking for something like that for mirror I'm working on.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Diddie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di