Thursday, February 2, 2012

Creating Thrifty Designs

When I started my class with Jeanne Oliver I had a lot of ideas in my head.  I am a collector of small things...fabric, ribbons, paper, scrapbook supplies, any watch or just plain parts.  I lean towards victorian, shabby and rusty.  A good combination but I just wasn't using my stuff, just looking and thinking.

                                   I found this great vintage cremalin slip and thought ballarenia

Then found all this beautiful lace and cottons

Then these 3 ladies came into my life.  They were at the Thrift Shop for $2 each. 

                                                                They sat in my closet, I mean stood, until my class.  They had a rough texture like sand on the main body and were scratched up.

During our class Jeanne said to let the creativity take us were ever it took us.  As I looked at all my art supplies laying on the table, yes I collect that too!  Too many creative friends who I think I want to be like, so I bought things, made things and stored my supplies.  So I thought about my ladies in the closet and went about making them pretty.

First I put on a coat of Anne Sloan Old White paint.

 Then I played with my papers and just went to town, a little paint, a little charcoal and an afternoon of fun and creativity.






                                                         She always knew she could fly
She was dressed for success


She held the keys to her future



                                            They are ready to go out for a night on the town!  How are you using your creativity?
                                                               Sharing with these great blogs


 {Primp}



Thursday Favorite Things

     









52 Mantels vif187

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I love it. I have a huge smile on my face that is about to bust my head off. Too much sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for throwing this lovely party and your mannequins are AWESOME!!!! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look terrific! I am so happy you shared them with us.I have been fortunate to have a few custom orders from my online shop lately. So the creativity has been flowing! Thank you for joining in the fun at the Thursday Favorite things Blog Hop Linky Party xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out beautiful....Thanks for sharing, I hope you'll stop by for a visit too~
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I so love how these turned out!!

    Thanks so much for linking up!! I always love seeing what you're up to!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di