Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Continued Creativity Journey

 I am making a Santos Doll instructed by Jen Rizzo in Jeanne Oliver's on line class.  I'm going to move forward, I promise!

I remember now how much I loved drawing in high school.  I have always journaled and have now learned some new techniques to make them beautiful.  The 4 week class is over but we have until the end of March to rewatch and do the projects.  I think I will start over and repeat my favorites!

 This is my sketch of me as a little girl at Easter time, my mom always pin curled my hair and dressed me so pretty.  I loved my purse, hat, gloves and black shoes.  Of course the dress always had cremlins!

 I haven't put the words on yet but it is titled LETTING GO.  My mantra this past year has been "Let go, Let GOD", everytime I stressed or things went wrong, I would repeat this.  We all have things we don't let go of, don't we?

 From France, the dealer has a home there, I tried not to hate her so I bought this!!  Can't you see this holding test tubes of flowers

 An old sterilizer, thankful we didn't use this in our office

 A wire mannequin

Don't I wish this was in my house, the whole thing, it is so my style.

 La Mannequin
 La femme, I still am looking for the words to put on her

 My little grandsons who are the best of friends

I hope your week is going great, much love, Di
What Journey do you want to start? Please share...
I am sharing with:
Sherry's Bee's Nest Blog Hop

13 comments:

  1. I love all of it! Love that house too! Yellow (walls) and gray (the sideboard thingy) is sooooo pretty to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on www.itssoverycheri.com's Linky Followers Blog Hop. I'm your newest follower, I'd love for you to follow back!

    Thanks so much and Have a Wonderful Evening!
    Aledia @ http://plumperfect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice - I have to do some of that collaging type artwork. I think it really aids you in determining what your passions are. Anything that helps to reconnect to your childhood also - that helps fuel the crative fires.

    I did some posting on some of the same sites that you did - please check my post out! Thanks...Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old things also. (its a good thing because my hubby says he's there, Lol)
    I just found you on the linky followers blog hop and now I am looking forward to following you:) Please hop over and check out my blog and follow back.

    My Turn (for us)

    http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com

    Thanks, I enjoyed the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore your artwork! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday! I am linky following and hope you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very talented! I am now following you please follow me. I found you on the linky follower party!
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  7. let go let God has been my saying too this past yr....now i have your mental image to remember it!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if ou can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you via the Linky Followers Blog Hop 2! Following you via Linky. Come visit my blog, when you have a moment to spare! Tera - http://www.eccentricleopard.com/ - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am following on Linky would you follow back. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to make your own santos. Love your paintings

    x
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a soulful images. love m...

    I am actually coming to your site re. the FOLLOWER linky blog hop, and am following you ! :-) Will you follow me back?? Thank you so much when you do.

    PLUS: There is also a party on our blog, where you can feature 'your best creative work'. There are some great projects to see already, but we want to see your work!

    Anyhow, use this link both to FOLLOW and to PARTY:
    http://www.FineCraftGuild.com/party/

    Hope to seeing you around!!
    Have a happy, creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Di
    this is beautiful! I love your 'letting go' image. Thanks for stopping by at my blog, i am following you back
    love
    jutta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di