Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Springing into Spring

 It has been almost Spring like here in Asheville!  No I am not in shorts but some of the days have been like Florida!  It did get me in that Spring mood.  With that in mind I took the chair I found or shall I say it found me, and repurposed it.   So I took it apart.  Initially I wanted the wheels and top part of the chair.  A bonus was the springs.

We are still wearing our jackets but playing outside!  I was able to work outside and get the chair apart and paint.
Six beautiful but dirty springs, it took a bit to clean them and get the strings off.
I then painted them.  I used Old White and Louis Blue Anne Sloan Chalk Paint.





 Sharing with these lovely ladies, Di
 
Shades of Amber Chalk Paint Link Party

Refresh Your Room at Jennifer Rizzo
Met Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll thru Life
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time
Vintage Friday @ Common Ground

5 comments:

  1. Love the chair back and the springs. Don't you love rescuing beautiful little bits of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Di,

    Is that the top part in the picture above? That is lovely indeed. The springs look very nice with the nests you put on them. If you have a creative mind you can see the finished project in your mind and it certainly pays off to clean and strip etc.
    Love to you,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to get my hands on some springs. Love how you have them displayed. Plus that hutch is wonderful.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. These springy pedestals are so fun looking. Which reminds me, I have some from an old bed mattress...it might be time to wipe off the dust and see what I can make with them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the springs! I'm wishing to find a chair by the side of the road that has springs in it!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di