Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lace

 Lace is an openwork fabric, patterned with open holes in the work, made by machine or by hand, as stated by Wikipedia.  I found a great cremelin slip and it reminded me of a Tutu.


I gave my mannequin a stole of lace, it reminded me of a girl going to her first show


 I collect it, love it and am a hoarder. 


I used a few bits out of my collection to add some texture and softness to my art work
                                                                       

                                      I love to add fabric, lace to a piece it adds that element of fashion.  When I add my art and then wood I consider what to do next...Maybe burlap?  We will see...
       


Until Next Time...I am joining


freckled laundry

Fine Craft Guild





Thursday Favorite Things

3 comments:

  1. I like your lace touches. The mannequin is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your happy and beautiful creativeness!!!! i applaud you and keep on imagining and creating your art -- it is simply fabulous!!! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohh and aaahhh...
    love the 3 mini artworks above SPRING. inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di