Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Office Elements

I had a busy Weekend!  I am still working on the elements of my new office.  I found a table that I can use as a stand for my plants.  It was at an estate sale that I have found lovely items at.  It was the owners painting table, she had laminated the top.  I could have left it alone but I wanted to use my Anne Sloan paint.  So I visited my friends at The Pink House shop here in Asheville to check on how to paint laminate.
                                              I sanded the top lightly so the paint would adhere
                                            The first coat went on great, I combined my blue with white to lighten it up, it is looking great
 Funny store about this white paint (linen) from Ace Hardware.  I went for my free 1Qt. paint, all went well.  I put it in the car next to the opener and stirer.  Next stop home, kids out of the car and oh, paint on my floor board carpet.  The opener had punctured the can when I pushed back my seat.  So much for free paint!!  But it cleaned up quickly with soap and water!  Still a good deal through March, I will go back weekly for new colors...already have an INK color!


My next project for the office was to bring in some of my art work projects from Jeanne Oliver's e-course.  I added my words LEAP, FLY, SOAR...that's what I feel like I have done in this job.

                                 I found this chair for $25, it will look wonderful with my wood desk
                                  And this lovely art piece with glass cups at a consignment shop...instead of candles I am putting small plants in them
                                I found this at Goodwill for $6, this picture frame is from Mexico is about 1960's.

Of course, I found the rest of my stuff for the office!  A beautiful glass and marble lamp, candy dish (what office is not complete without candy), a mouse memo holder and business card holder.

I know I will be finishing the office by this week and will be sharing the big reveal at that later date!!
                                                              Today I am sharing with:

A to Z Home Stories


2 comments:

  1. Very nice and vintage! I am following the linky follower party hop. I am now following you on GFC and Linky Follower. Hope you follow me.

    http://itstimetoreadmamaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job so far! This is such a pretty dress. I would love for you to link up at my linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-6.html

    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di