Friday, July 6, 2012

Rearranging

Dining Room Arranging; Just as our lives rearrange so do our rooms.  As I continue for a new home I do come across some finds.  I sure wish our house was as easy to find as some of the fun things I have found around the city.
Out  garage selling I found this great lazy susan, just calling for some Anne Sloan paint!  This goes really great with the wood of the table, but I love some shabby chicness!! So I started subtracting and adding pieces in the small dining room just to see...
I do love roosters, baskets, yelloware and shabbiness and throw in a little french and I am good to go.


I dug out some of my favorite pieces...you see I am packing up getting ready to move to a new place, so what a great time to decide what to down size....


Love incorporating family pieces.My wire basket is my second choice for the sideboard


I love, love metal tins and this collection is one of my favorites; any thing tin and especialy with tole writing is coming home if it is affordable, this set was $15 many, many years ago
 This great stove plate is just the shabby element to fix up my space on the sideboard shelf



Don't you love the details on this piece, I got this for $1 at the flea market











I have a few more elements to add and then I will be ready for the reveal.  Hopefully we will have some home news to share also!  Sharing with these great people
Di


SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb


Home Stories A2Z

Homespun Happenings
White Wednesday at Faded Charm 

What's It Wednesday at Ivy & Elephants 

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style  

Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine's Corner 

Creative Things Thursday at The Vintage Farmhouse  

Feathered Nest Friday at The French Country Cottage  

Farmhouse Friday at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home 

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 

Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

3 comments:

  1. Does that mean you found a home? I hope so. I love the tins!! You have some great treasures! Thank you so much for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your header (esp the table), actually love everything on the table. I am following. Visiting from Common Ground party. Have you visited Funky Junk Inc.? She has a friday party that starts at 7 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! I love old things!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your header, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di