Saturday, August 11, 2012

Projects, Fun & Memories


I have been completing as many projects as i can before we move!  I have seen so many ideas on paint, decorating that sometimes I can't sleep.  So I  am envisioning my art/craft room, right now I am using my dining room.
My first project was to take my petite dress form and decoupage with my favorite pieces of scraps



 
I placed bits of an old envelope on the bottom, the writing is so beautiful. I then put the fabric from a great old corset I found




I also have been making journals from old books.  The above is the one I made for my daughter's shower.  Since she is having another boy this book was perfect.


I collect all types of pieces of papers (music sheets, book pages, etc), lace, seam binding, leather cord, string.  I am making a collection of journals to show at a class I am teaching at The Pink House in Asheville.






This is a sweet journal that I almost hope doesn't sell.  I decopauged some beautiful pictures from an old Garden Book.  I aged it, added lace and did my thing!


20120707-052156.jpgSee  my work with the owners at The Pink House, we had so much Fun!!

Their decorating and finds are so wonderful, of course that is where I get my Anne Sloan paint






I will share so more projects with you coming up is a pair of chairs painted Pairs Gray and reuphostered with grain sacks.  I also am finishing a large dresser in Old White and then on to painting a cute camp table and chairs with Paris Gray!
Are we tired yet!!
Sharing with these great people,
Di
Boogieboard Cottage

Homespun Happenings
"
The 36th AVENUEnter>
Fine Craft Guild Thursday Favorite Things


Rooted In Thyme
shabby creek cottage Primitive and Proper Home Stories A2Z
Homespun Happenings
vif187

3 comments:

  1. woow..just LOVE :)
    wonderful things.....
    and do not miss.....

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative ! Just lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this creative post on Simple & Sweet Fridays. I just love all your inspirational projects!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di