Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Living Room Reveal Part 1

Living Room from Brown to Cream and White plus Blue

When we looked at the house, I thought "Oh my I will have a lot of painting to do".  Well, I wasn't wrong, just week 1 and we started painting.  You get the feeling, if I could just have one room in order, I could have a feeling of peace.  These are the BEFORE PICTURES...



                                                             We started with Benjamin Moore Regal Satin Linen White on all the walls and Foghorn Blue on the top of the dining room walls and the main living room wall.  We used Simply White on the trim.  I have used the combination in my old house before we left and wanted to go again!!
I gave a sneak peak with my Fall pumpkins.  The small dry sink is a vintage find from the 70's, just $15.  My best friend and I worked on our broken dishes.  I picked pieces from my mom, gran and my dishes, I also included some of my best friends and sister in laws dishes.  Nice to look at pieces of dreams and I include some of my favorite Halloween pieces.



The sideboard by the entry way will be my show place for the blue and white plates I collect!!

 Leading from the front room to the dining room is my sweet frenchy piece


                                                               Yes this is HOME





 My fireplace area is cozy but I do have plans for the fireplace...I am just saying "White" and what about that fireplace screen?
                                                                       Do you think I should go with this
Forest Hill Triple Panel Fire Screen images from  IVG
                                                                      or Maybe this 
Curved Folding Fireplace Screen w Four Square in Black from  IVG

 I will just have to see ...on the side of the fireplace is the corner piece from my best friend with my ironstone collection...love it.

Then moving to the dinig room I have our large farm table with my mom's corner piece



























An Irish Marriage Prayer representing our daughters incredible Irish Wedding








The front sitting area, a great space to gather while the cooks are in the kitchen


Looking from the dining room to the front of the house



 One of my favorite table settings this year...could it be the new house?






 As you can see the dining room light are connected to a fan, you know i am going to have to change that out!!  So on to chandeliers do I go Traditional, Heirloom or French??

                                                                  
This is so  lovely from  IVG, a beautiful Heirloom look




Or do I go with a beautiful Royal look from IVG





So have a peaceful week and come sit a spell with me.
Di,
Joining



Primitive and Proper
Keeping It Simple

Cottage Style Linky Party #9

Home Stories A2Z
Thursday Favorite Things My Photo
Beyond The Picket FenceFurniture Feature Fridays Photobucket
52 Mantels

9 comments:

  1. Very nice ! I love your dining area!
    I would love if you stopped by my party happening now to link this up!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di!! Boy have I missed a lot in blogland...
    Your new home looks great, I love the new paint colors. And a fireplace!! I always wanted one.
    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love your paint colors! So fresh and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so lovely; I love your antique corner piece. I'm popping by to visit from Katherine's linky!
    Cheers,
    Char
    http://1epicmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it ALL!!!!!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop my friend xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great. That sideboard is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just LOVE it all :)
    and do not miss......

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is FUN :)
    last week 109 lovley blogs..
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of pretty details. I love whites with blues and your rooms look great. I also love black Windsor chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just had to tell you how much I really like your dry sink with the pieces of dishes on it! What a beautiful piece!

    Thanks so much for inspiring me today!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di