Sunday, October 28, 2012

4 THE FIREPLACE

4 ME IT'S ALL ABOUT TIME
I am still working on the hearth but did add my screen, i will have to work on choosing the right accessories
WHITE IRONSTONE
FAMILY PIECES



AND VINTAGE FINDS
 I have loved ironstone pitchers since seeing them in one of Martha Stewart's magazines and her pictures of her home.  I started collecting them slowly and have lucked into many of them.  My recent find was at the estate sale at our local charity shop.  It has a chip on the lip but don't we all have some flaws.  It didn't stop me at all.  And since it was 50% off only costing $12, I added her to my Ironstone Family.  She fits in quite well.  



Gears just add that yummy touch of quirky
Loving the new pitcher on the mantel, beautiful curves and design.  That touch of gray is perfect in the room.



For now we are playing with our clock faces until a future project


Now I have the mantel going, what to do about the brick and lighting in this room?  I have thought about painting the brick white, what do you think?
What projects have you done with your brick?
Stay safe my friends up in Philly, New York and Family along NC and Virginia Beach.  We move up to NC and the hurricanes follow from Florida, oh boy.  Safe Travels, Di

Boogieboard Cottage
52 Mantels
Beyond The Picket Fence
Primitive and Proper

Homespun Happenings
vif187 Thursday Favorite Things

5 comments:

  1. So you got the new home? Love the fireplace's wood mantle. It would look lovely white with that wood mantle! I love the pitchers and the old clock faces with them! Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a creamy white would add some lightness, but be sure before you paint - it is hard to change back! Love the clock faces and the pitchers.

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. We painted a red brick fireplace white in a previous home, and it made all the difference in the world -- lightened that room right up! Love your pitchers on the mantel. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it were me, I would either dry-brush part of the bricks in white and cream or paint the fireplace white. I think I would do the dry-brushing first to see how I liked it before committing to painting the whole thing. I've seen fireplaces with part of the bricks dry-brushed, and I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My addiction is clocks and I love yours, so I'm featuring you this week at Knick of Time Tuesday - thanks for sharing at the party with us!
    Blessings,
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di