Monday, November 26, 2012

Decorating Fun


Earlier this year I saw these Ice Skates at a local estate sale...now I remembered seeing a beautiful wreath but couldn't remember where, but I knew I was going to do something spectacular with them.  So many options.




Sarah at Alderberry Hill    did this beautiful wreath and tutorial



 Ice Skate Wreath
I Followed her directions and used Modge Podge to cover the skate and then sprinkled glitter, I chose to use glitter paint from Martha Stewart (the Package inlcuded 8 paints!)
 I then made bows and tried many variations red, silver, birds, plaids
I liked the silver the best

So now on to more decorating
I started in the Family Room and added some of our handmade stockings

Next the mittens

And some fun stickers
I can't wait to show off some more decorating!
Di



shabby creek cottage Keeping It Simple Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #50

4 comments:

  1. Pretty!! I just hung my ice skate wreath yesterday! I love that look so much! Love the old wash board!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_11_27_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Hop. xo

    ReplyDelete

  4. I would like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10.html

    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di