Sunday, November 4, 2012

Plates, Pictures or Mirrors Oh My

Getting Ready For the Holidays, I am getting my Fall Mantle and Sideboard ready for the Fam
I have 2 areas to put my pictures and plates up
Over the Fireplace



 Or over the Sideboard :  Plates, Pictures or Mirrors



I have my shell mirror or my shabby chic mirror, my Irish Prayer Picture or My Cow Picture


 The fireplace or the sideboard
 My Blue and White Plate Collection

 So many combos and so many choices









I think I like the white and blue on the blue walls




And then I switch the other way
So now what am I going to do?

I will have to make a decision but I think I will wait and keep walking in the room!  I love my leaf banner and will keep that through Thanksgiving.  So easy to do I used a leaf cookie cutter on an old book and then stitched them together quickly on the sewing machine.  I then cut a ribbon the length of my string of leafs and sewed the ribbon on.  It was last years project but so much fun to put on my new fireplace.



What design decisions are you pondering this week?

Any input is always appreciated...Di
Joining:Monday2 Make the Scene Monday # 47


Boogieboard Cottage

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
vif187
52 Mantels

6 comments:

  1. I vote for the plates and the white mirror over the sideboard! But I also like some of the other combos you're playing with, so I'm really no help.

    I love seeing how others' decorating minds work. I'm glad I'm not the only one who lays things out of the floor and then fiddles with it. Better than making millions of holes in the wall, but I'm guilty of that, too.

    Can't wait to see the finished result.

    Thanks for linking up to the Better Late Than Never Thanksgiving Inspirations party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plate collection is lovely! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with decisions like this! I like all of the combos that you have to choose from, but I like the plates combined with the white mirror, hung over the sideboard the best. Thank you for linking up to the Better Late Than Never Bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I love your sofa!!
    I'm with Amy and Suzy, I like the mirror with the blue plates.
    I'm constantly making changes here, right now I want to redo my china cabinet.
    Went to the Fancy Flea on Saturday, it was so fun shopping this time.
    Have great week my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blue and white plate collection. I vote with the white mirror over the sideboard. Either way it will be lovely. Thank you for sharing. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/11/make-it-pretty-monday-week-22.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cow pic! Although I really like what you are doing with the plates too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your leaf banner also. And after Thanksgiving, I can imagine the leaves partially dipped in gold or silver paint for the Winter holidays. I love a shimmery holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di