Saturday, December 8, 2012

Family Room Mantel

I love a country Christmas, quilt & feedsack stockings

My Santas and pottery 
of course glass beads and lights



I was fortunate to get an early present of the large brown jug from the early 1900's made in the Catawba Valley from an 80 year old man selling his collection

A sugar sack adding a little flavor to the setting


Santa decided to drop by


Near the fireplace is more of our family collection of metal and my mom's clock from Germany (Roosters!)

Love my Irish Pine bench, washborads, iron and just found the little wagons for $3 each.  My tray with clockfaces was a project from last year and you can find that HERE





My ironstone collection fits in nicely down here and the stockings are a lovely present my mom gifted me.  She had my Aunt Betty make them for me, of course I had to add stockings for my son in law (the feedsack stocking) and the grandboys on the fireplace .

I love color light and lots of red at christmas, I love cream and white but color just creeps back it (or explodes!)  My favorite memory is waking up at my grandparent house and seeing all the toys set up under the tree and our stockings on her mantel over flowing.

My sweet dad in his baseball days in the army (the one in the middle)



Recreating my childhood memories, to bring joy and excitment to my grandboys (now if I just had a little grandgirl!....maybe next year)  My nieces are in Florida and I am missing them!


Counting my blessings and Joining some fun ladies on a Saturday morning, getting me ready for Christmas, Thanks for getting us motivated, Di


Christmas+Link+Party+button Handmade Christmas Link PartyPhotobucket 




11 comments:

  1. I adore your country Christmas, everything is enchanting!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice! Love that clock! That baseball picture of your dad is a real treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you've used your ironstone in with the Christmas decorations! And the vintage toys are precious -- I had an ironing board like yours (though blue, not red)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful collection of ironstone. Visiting from MHC, Olive

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wondeful collections you have. I especially like the clocks.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so warm and inviting. You've a lovely home!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Christmas memories and your decorations. I have a photo of me on Christmas morning with an iron and ironing board just like you showed in the last photo. That brings back fond memories to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your decorations and your memories, very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Di
    Lilla of 'Just Lilla's blog is trying to contact you for your address to send you her giveaway gift.
    If you forgot the way to her blog, you can come to mine and click on the left sidebar where I have her blog link posted 'Just Lilla'
    Love your blog, by the way, and I have been a follower for a while.
    Good Luck!
    Teresa in California
    http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I did get my info to her, for some reason my eamil from my main one will not connect with her

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di