Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sallie's Greatest Pear Crisp


4-5 cups fresh pears peeled and cut into chunks2 TBSP sugar1/2 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)2/3 jar Sallie’s Greatest Blackberry Spice + Sage Jam
1 cup all-purpose flour½ cup sugar½ cup butter 





Cook pears with 2 TBSP sugar to soften and reduce liquid in pears.  Drain pears and add blackberries and Blackberry Spice + Sage Jam and mix together. Spoon into a lightly greased 8 inch dish or a 9 inch deep dish pie plate. 
Combine flour, ½ cup sugar and cut in butter with a pastry cutter until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle on pear blackberry mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is bubbly and browned.  6 to 8 servings
Note: can add ½ cup of oats and ½ cup of flour if preferred vs. 1 cup all-purpose flour 
Serve with vanilla ice cream. Delicious!
My family can cook and one of our family member has the best Jams ever!!  They were one of Oprah's Favorite things!


the giveaway  


We're Jammin'
"I love a good scone with jam, but thanks to savory herbs, these spreads are wonderful in a panini, with goat cheese, even as a glaze on ham or Cornish hens. The peach, pepper, and ginger is my favorite."—Oprah   

To enter please complete the following you will get an entry for each action
1.  Visit Sallie and leave a comment telling me what your   
      favorite item is 
2.  Follow Cottage Wishes Blog and leave a comment
3.  Visit Sallie's Greatest on Facebook and like, leave a 
     comment
4.  Pin it on Pinterest and leave me the link to your Pin with 
     your comment
5.  While you are at Pinterest follow one of my boards and leave another link and comment for another entry!
I will announce the winner next Friday at 8pm; Jams will come directly to you from Sallie!
Thanks to holidays and linking up


Photobucket
Rooted In Thyme

8 comments:

  1. I love the pear crisp! Thanks so much for sharing this fun recipe! It looks easy and fun (which is totally perfect for me)!

    Have a wonderful and Merry Christmas,
    karianne

    PS I followed you for an entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blueberry and lavender jam from Sallie!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed Sallie on Facebook!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the entries, Blueberry and lavender sounds wonderful on hot biscuits. I am currently eating fig jam. Di

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this fabulous recipe at Simple & Sweet Fridays. I love pear crisp, so I'll have to try this one! Have a Happy Holiday Week!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Sallie's Greatest on FB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked Sallie's Greatest on FB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh MY MOUTH is watering!!!! This Looks AMAZING!!!! YUM YUM! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di