Thursday, January 17, 2013

Comfort Foods



I am a big fan and collector of Martha Stewart's Cookbooks.  I have the new ones but love the older books.  I jumped for joy when I recently found this one for $9!
So What are your comfort foods?
Daughter and Niece
fried chicken - Meat Photo (24188053) - Fanpop fanclubschicken and dumplings chicken and dumplings 1 fryer or chicken cut up ... My Family loves to cook and we love our Southern roots.

  My Mom was the best cook.  MY comfort food is Chicken and Dumplings.  And my mom could fry some chicken, make the best ever cheese biscuits and mac and cheese.  My kids and grandkids love my mac and cheese and it is my mom's recipe.  Of course my favorite is her Lemon Mergingue Pie and Sour Cream Pound Cake.  I didn't want cake for my birthday but every adult year I asked for pie.
  1. Martha Stewart has a wonderful recipie

       So at our next family get together we will teach my niece how to make her Mom-Mom's desserts.  Of course my sister in law is one of the best dessert people around, learned at the hand of her mom.

What are your favorite comfort foods?
DI
Joining

Thursday Favorite Things
Fine Craft Guild

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di