Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mantel love

Nana and Pops sweet picture I rescued out of my parents house after Nana's bedroom fire.  

 My mom's father, pops, immigrated as a baby with his big family from Prussia.  For Valentines I wanted to celebrate the loving family that blossomed from them.
 I love vintage frames and wanted to keep it simple.  I added Nana's rose bowl and boxwood toparies from Home Goods
 Next, a music sheet garland


My pops was in the Navy, he brought beautiful presents from France and China as he traveled as the ships purchaser.  During the war, my Nana saved all those precious gifts.
 My dad and mom  with me me in the background
My sweet family in the early 80's oh so young.





 And today, my sweet grandsons
And to think it started with these wonderful people and many generations before
Celebrating Valentines Mantle  Love, Come Celebrate with these Lovely Blogs, Di
Vintage On A Dime
Vintage on a Dime
Big Valentine Party Link Up on Monday Jan 28th



Photobucket Tweak it Tuesday


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your mantel and the photos you shared. How wonderful that you were able to save that photo. And the layered empty frames behind the photo - what a gorgeous way to showcase it!!

    Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the photos. Your grandsons are sure cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di - What a pretty mantle!! Love that you started with the photos - something so special to you. Really pretty.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...thanks for sharing!!! Deb Vintage On A Dime

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely...I have many vintage family photos lovingly placed around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful photos. You and your parents were a beautiful family. Your grandchildren are adorable. I love the way you tied your mantel decor into your family history. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post - thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di