Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sweetheart

I thought my mantel looked pretty good but then I saw Adlerberry Hill's post on paper hearts.  I felt my mantel needed a little touch.  I think the pop of hearts helped.  

 First I took my favorite pattern of hearts and traced a pattern and cut out hearts from a coverlet I picked up at a tag sale for $5.  The reds were perfect.
 Next, I followed Sarah's tutorial on her fluttering heart banner.  It did just take 20 minutes!
 See how sweet everything looks, the heart banner just brings that perfect touch.

 I just loved how the hearts gave that color I was needing for the room
 I found this fabric at the local Hospice Estate Sale, they had all this beautiful fabric going for half price
                      The rosy reds go with my lamp and rugs.
 I also found this beautiful heart at that estate sale...Wedgewood, this goes perfect with my collection which I will share later this week


Until next time have a glorious week!  Di......Sharing with these fabulous ladies

Pearls and Lace Thursday Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #60 and a bel monili Giveaway!
Homespun Happenings
Boogieboard Cottage

3 comments:

  1. So good to see you again! It looks great! Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Show and Tell Saturday is LIVE at Sassy Little Lady! I’d love to have you come join the party!

    http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-3

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di