Monday, February 4, 2013

Valentine Love

I love Wedgewood, my grandmother, Lucy, is the one that fostered my love of collecting

  
I saw this in the estate sale and it called my name...heart, blue and white and oh yes Wedgewood.
I made this blue and white teddy bear with angel wings.  It nested in my crisp white pillows


 And look what else I found...Yes, I found a beautiful coverlet for my craft room/guest room bed.  Blue and white and look how it matches my Anne Sloan painted secretary.  You would think I spent forever finding this perfect match
 In a way I did...It is so sweet and reminds me of spring time
                         Did I mention it is Pine Cone Hill
 And look a blue bird...which reminds me of my mom and dad.  We had a chirping blue bird at the card table.  Whenever someone won and started talking with their partner about the card play, we would hit the bird and it would chirp, chirp, chirp!! 


So I leave you today with a big CHIRPING HUG and Sound of JOY,
DI


Photobucket
                                                                                  
Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #56
Photobucket
Boogieboard Cottage
Big Valentine Party Link Up on Monday Jan 28th
Jennifer Rizzo






  


 

Vintage On A Dime
Ivy and Elephants
Savvy Southern Style
Nutmeg Place
French Country Cottage
Photobucket


button
Inspiration Friday Graphic_thumb[3]

5 comments:

  1. Ah! love the blue and white, especially the Wedgwood heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother-in-law loved wedgewood and I have a few of her pieces...the coverlet is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything Wedgwood and the colour fits your room perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Wedgewood pieces are just gorgeous. Such an elegant collectible. I love the way you have incorporated blue and white into the room. So serene!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di