Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Corner of the Room

My grandmother, Lucy, taught me many things.  One thing was her love of reading.  I created a corner in the master bedroom to enjoy some of my favorite books.



I arranged my favorite chair and put a stool with some old sewing drawers with my concrete reading lamp.  My mannequin sits on my vintage suitcase overlooking my corner.

A cup of tea with a splash of milk while I look through my favorite books


 I have enjoyed this spot in the afternoon with the sun shining in

 Such a relaxing way to spend the afternoon, a good book with my feet up
I hope your weekend was wonderful and the luck of the Irish be with you this week.  Di
Joining these lovely blogs

Keeping It Simple Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #66 Spring HOP all this week at Nest of Posies
Boogieboard Cottage Faith, Grace, and Crafts 
Vintage On A Dime Join the fun here each Wednesday!  
Thursday Favorite Things

3 comments:

  1. Your spot looks so cozy! I need to consider making one of those for my master bedroom! I recently re-did a small space in my house and would love for you to check it out!

    alaya
    www.behindthebiggreendoor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE your reading nook! I would love to have enough space in my bedroom for something like that. I'm sure you've spent many happy hours relaxing there with a book!

    Coincidentally, my post is reading-related too. Hope you'll stop by and say hello!

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. a wonderful cozy place to read! Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di