Thursday, April 11, 2013

So, what did I find recently?  I found some beautiful items at the local resale shop.  The shop just got in an estate from a collector.  There were scales, dishes and furniture.  Some items I scored were a great horse, detecto scale and an egg grader scale

 
The majestic horse with leather ears, bridle and saddle, I really don't know any history of this collectible



my grandson did try to wear these but they were to narrow...what fun it would be to tap, my girls  did ballet and tap and had so much fun.  I wonder who wore these!
 Sweet tap shoes
This scale is awesome, 2 sides, one still has the glass

I haven't seen an egg scale before, I love that you can still see the wording and it's red!

these bedroom slippers are fifties cool!  I am sure I could create something beautiful with these, just what?

a sweet blue bird cup and saucer set to cheer Spring along!
I hope you have a good day, hubby's birthday is today and I am taking him to Biltmore Estate to see the show of flowers.  I will share with you tomorrow!  Di
Join the fun here each Wednesday!  Thursday Favorite Things 
Fine Craft Guild Ivy and Elephants

3 comments:

  1. Great finds, Di, I really love the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That horse is really special! Have fun at Biltmore...great place. We went there while on vacation many years ago.
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the horse and english saddle... we have several collected from all over love them.. joining you from katherines blog hop jolynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di