Monday, April 22, 2013

The Art of Writing




I love the art of writing 

 The flow of words on paper is soothing
 The feel of the pen in your fingers makes you want to journal


 The color of inks are exotic, my favorite is peacock blue (my signature color from my teens)!
 The luxury of taking the time to write your notes, pinning your thoughts is such a lost art
 The beauty of the instruments make it a pleasure to take the time to enjoy the art of writing
 The bronze work and painted flowers and leaves are such a pleasure to see

 Such elegance to have at your fingertips

 I am going to fill up these crystal pots and sit back and etch some of my ideas and write my thoughts
                                              di

           The Scoop link party logothurCozyLittleHousebadge150x




 Jennifer Rizzo
Vintage On A Dime
Ivy and Elephants {Primp}  Faith, Grace, and Crafts
Thursday Favorite Things
Photobucket French Country Cottage

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing inkwell. So gorgeous. I love how they use to put such detail into everyday items. This is a stunning piece. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's what I call a proper inkpot! You can't not pick up a quill/pen and do some creative writing with that sitting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an unusual, gorgeous 'instrument'! I love journaling, too...those crystal pots will make your writing feel extra-special!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right .. it is a lost art to put pen to paper. Too many relying on emails, texts or evites to communicate. I miss an envelope with a handwritten note inside. Having something interesting to read that the mailman delivered to your door. As much as I enjoy writing on the computer.. my words seem to flow easily this way... I still do buy stationary. Love that!! By the way, I love that you have a "signature color"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woow.... really amazing :)
    and do not miss......

    SATURDAY SHOW OFF

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your post!! Words mean things...and today's quick flings of words through the typing (as I'm doing now) of the computer keyboard takes a LOT out of the art. I love your photos...lovely. But your simple words express so much and were such a treat. I must remember to not loose the art of the personal note. Thank you for reminding us!!
    Blessings,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di