Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weekend of Painting

WEEKEND OF PAINTING
Since it was raining all weekend and my shopping partner, Ro (grandson), has the chicken pox, I thought I would tackle the stairs leading from the basement TV room to the top floor.
 I was in such a hurry, I almost didn't take a before picture.  I went with Simply White by Benjamin Moore.


 I got to the bottom and thought I better do the bottom also, which included a storage area.

 Have you read Color Recipes for painted furniture and more by Annie Sloan?  Well, my friends from The Pink House got them in and I went to get it!!  So, I was all ready to try page 126 "Painting Rough Walls".
 I picked my Provence Blue and Olde White and mixed them until I got a light blue, I added some water.  I started painting with my wide, flat bristle brush.  It didn't take long.  I then used my Simply White and added water to do the concrete on the wall at the end of the stairs.
 The shelves needed a do over also, so I used the Provence, Olde White and my light Blue mixture to coat them!
 Dry, Wax and Load up!
 Now my shelves can hold some of my etsy shop Cottage Wishes goodies and my collectibles
 This is a start for my cute shelf from Heather (she collected the driftwood and her hubby built it)




A great weekend being productive!
Boy am I tired.  Have a great week while I catch my breath, Di.  Sharing with,
Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #72
Boogieboard Cottage Join the fun here each Wednesday!  
Ivy and Elephants Jennifer Rizzo 
Keeping It Simple

4 comments:

  1. Looks like yo have done some good work there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I literally just tried out Annie Sloan's paint for the first time this weekend - I feel a new obsession coming on! Love the different blues on those storage shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought, how did she get back up the steps as she painted them LOL! Then i saw it was the wall! and everything else..You were on a roll! I would love to have a shelf to store my things that are for sale, but I would love a basement even more! We don't have basements here in Orlando...I keep looking for that basement door!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a great job and everything looks so fresh. Love the shelves too. Doesn't it feel good to have everything all fresh and pretty. Thanks so much for joining Inspire Me. This inspires me to get the paint out and touch up a few things. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di