Monday, May 20, 2013

Paris Lights

I am continuing on my painting jag!  I thought since I needed to get my finds going to the ETSY shop and the garage is overflowing with projects, I better get to work.
 These 2 metal lamps were just asking for a make over.  I wanted to try Anne's technique of painting metal.
I coated the lamp with Paris Grey (2 Coats)
Then went to the Pink House, to make sure I had the technique correct.

Bought a sample jar of Graphite, sponged it on, blotted it off and there you have it! To tell you the truth I almost like the Paris Gray by itself, what do you think?
 Next I tackle a vintage copper chandy...

 Two coats of Paris Grey, still on that can of paint


 I added a brush of old white, followed by a touch of silver gilding















Boogieboard Cottage Tweak it Tuesday 

 <a border="0"

href="http://primpjunktion.com/" target="_blank">

2 comments:

  1. That is a really clever makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy! Love how these turned out!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di