Thursday, May 16, 2013

Paris Birds

I am continuing with my painting with Paris Gray
I found these wonderful birds and knew for $2 I could certainly do something with them.
 To me they are so retro, they are in again
 But they needed a little something to make them fly again
 So a little Anne Sloan Paris Gray





 A little dab here and there
 And yes a new creation


 Oh yes, I think they will so perfect on my spring mantel to bring into summer

They will be going on the mantel! Di
Joining these fun ladies
Thursday Favorite Things
Rooted In Thyme
Photobucket  giveaways
 Third Friday of Each Month

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning Di, This Annie Sloane paint radically changes so many things. I do not think I would have given the birds a second look, but now that they are painted they look really fabulous.
    I am not going to go treasure hunting with a different "eye".
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something old is new again...so pretty!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found a few pieces of the Syroco, but never one like this. Very cool. I love the up-cycle!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my Grandmother had those pieces! That was back in the 60s, I think? Love how you up-dated them! Thanks you so much for sharing with us at Country Whites Weekend! Hope you'll come back next month, too.
    Blessings from the Farmhouse,
    Dru

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you kindly for embracing your country whites and sharing your painting skills at Country Whites Weekend. Those birds look familiar to me, but then they were popular in all their gold glory in their day. So much better a white/grey.
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di