Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Memories

Happy Memorial Day
I am a military brat and so proud of my papa.  He served in Korea, World War II and retired as a Master Sargent in the Army. His 6 brothers served as well.

That's my dad in the middle, my hero

On my mom's side, my grandpops, uncles, aunt and cousins all have served in the Navy.
My grandpops

My sweet dad presented his WWII medal to my grandson at this visit.  He pinned it to his chest and told my daughter how he served his country.  A few months later he passed away. 


My daughter treasured that moment and kept the medal and picture in a shadow box.  Ro wore this medal all weekend and made sure to show everyone where ever we went!
 

We made flags


He made us all proud today when taps was played on the radio, he saluted

And then we said the Pledge of Alegiance

I hope your day was as wonderful as mine as we remembered the heros that have made our lives free!    Much love, Di
Joining...


 The Scoop link party logoMonday2 Make the Scene Monday # 76

4 comments:

  1. Happy Memorial Day, you are right to be so proud of your whole family, especially your Dad. Your grandson is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tribute and much reason to be proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That a wonderful post and thanks for sharing it, it sure tugged at my heart strings as my father was in the Navy too. I thankyou for your sweet comment on my Something Special blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special gift your dad gave your grandson - a treasured keepsake. Thanks so much for sharing at Knick of Time Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di