Saturday, June 1, 2013

Painting Ms Lucy

Ms Lucy is my grandmother's corner cabinet!  She is a cabinet from the 50's.  My nana antiqued the cabinet a green with gold.  She gave this to my mom and my mom had them stripped to the color below.

I inherted Ms. Lucy from my mom and moved to Asheville.  I wanted to paint it Olde White!  And I did.  It took the weekend, and I had great memories of my mom and Nana.

Mom my gave me the silver candlabras for Christmas one year and I inherited these beautiful Bavaria White dishes that she got in the 50's!
I painted the inside Paris Grey, which picks up the silver on the plates.
Ms. Lucy looking pretty in the corner, with my blue and white curtains
She looks pretty, oh course no one puts baby in the corner, unless she is a corner cabinet!
I love her, my mom and nana would be proud there painting and stripping techniques live on!

Di, Joining...

Boogieboard Cottage   
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I like it white!
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di, she is just grand in white. Love it.
    Thank you for stopping by my last post. Wishing you the very best.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cabinet is beautiful painted in Old White! I love it! I live in Raleigh and Asheville is one of my favorite places on earth!

    Have a beautiful day!
    Linda at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that my sister visited you earlier. Ms Lucy is beautiful painted white, and sitting in the corner, I've always wanted a corner cabinet. Hope you enjoy Asheville, I haven't been there in years, but enjoyed visiting when I was younger. Did you know that it was voted happiest city in the US a few years ago?
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ms. Lucy's makeover-she looks gorgeous! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di