Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Shrimp and Grits

July is here and the 4th is coming quick
 We are getting ready for the family to enjoy the day, how about you?  
I wanted to share a recipie I made while on the coast of North Carolina...Shrimp and Grits

 We stopped at a local mill and bought the grits, they cooked up so pretty and of course I had to add butter!
 I cooked my shrimp in a little butter, about 

10 each.  Just about 30 to 45 seconds,

 until pink.  Next remove from pan, slowly 

add cream and let reduce until thickened. 

Season with salt and pepper.


I lined the shrimp around the plate and 

poured the sauce over the grits! And 

garnished with green onion.

A simple but delish dish!


 These are pictures from our recent vacation and I can't think of a cozier setting to relax
 I plan to relax, enjoy my family and have a cookout



I hope you have a wonderful 4th!
DiJoin the fun here each Wednesday!
Thursday Favorite Things

   French Country Cottage Photobucket
Ivy and Elephants

4 comments:

  1. looks like you're ready to have some fun on the 4th! I'm a transplanted Californian and over the years have acquired a love for grits but not a shrimp lover. If I was, it looks pretty tasty! Visiting from Timewashed Wednesday.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that hot pink bike! So girly and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those purple chairs....and when you show shrimp I miss my home state of Florida...Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/. I would be honored if you join us! Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di