Friday, September 20, 2013

Bedroom Redo

Master Bedroom Project
I brought all my favorite pieces with me on our move from Florida to North Carolina
When I first saw the house, all the rooms were painted this greenish-brown.  It made the rooms seem dark.
This is the bedroom when we saw the house

The walls are still dark and the wall to wall carpet not my taste but better
I moved our bed under the two windows and added my cream but I wanted my walls cream also


I had to put 2 coast of Kilz on to cover that color.  This worked so well for me because of the Zero VOC...we had to sleep there during the process
This is with the first coat - Kilz, you can still see some of the brown showing thru

This is the after...I love the calm creamy linen color
The finished product, Benjamin Moore Linen...I am liking the calm finish...Oh and the chandy that hubby hung for me!


I turned my camera to soft setting to show the soft tones of the room.  This is the dresser that I painted last year with Anne Sloan Olde White

My reading corner with my set of suitcases that hold pictures and fabric

My cabinet filled with my favorite pictures and family quilts

More favorite bedcoverings and my side table with my favorite lamp

My dresser and favorite things


I have shown my perfume bottles before but these are from my grandmother.  The Merry Christmas bottle is the one my grandfather gave to her it is my very favorite.  I will share the story one day how it came to me.




My calm retreat in the afternoon light.  It is so nice to have this room almost finished.  Now to paint the trim and closet doors!
One more bedroom to paint... but I am so happy to have this completed.
Di
Joining




French Country Cottage  ..Twigg studios







Thursday Favorite Things
   Join the fun here each Wednesday!
Ivy and Elephants

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your room, I love the cream and the dream drapes, love the light, oh my what a difference, it looks like it is full of life and light love that,,,,Phyllis...Come on over for a visit would love you to meet my goules ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautifully - even the carpet looks okay because of how gorgeous everything else looks!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty room, very calm and restful!!! It takes time when moving into a new home to make it your very own......

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've chosen such beautiful soft colors for your bedroom. It's such a pleasant and restful room now. I love your chandy...I'm so jealous! You know here in FL we have to have a ceiling fan! lol Love the cabinet for all of your pretty things, too! ENJOY! It's GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new paint...I think it enhances everything in the room and really changes the light. Made me want to lay down and have a quiet afternoon reading in there...very peaceful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So classic and so serene. Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Di! My name is Katy and I'm the social media coordinator for KILZ brand products. Great job on your bedroom redo project! We are glad our primer worked great for your project! We would love for you to share your experience with our primer by writing a review. Visit our review page, select the product you used, rate and write a brief review and hit submit - it's that simple! We appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

    Review page link: http://www.kilz.com/primer/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=8ad359ff4f72d310VgnVCM100000176310acRCRD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for linking up at my Furniture and Paint party!! I am pinning this!! Hope to see you again tonight !
    Brooke
    startathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di