Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fireplace Joy

Woo Hoo I am fixing our mantle and fireplace surround
The basement fireplace looking very plain


This is how it looked before we moved in last year.  The brass had pitted, I know it looks at shinny here...but not my fav
I taped around the opening to protect the brick.  I used a fire retardant black satin paint.  It was runny and I left it open to thicken.  
Two coats later I had a nice smooth finish















Hubby repositioned the mantle and I painted it white.  Why did we move the mantle...so the ship could fit on it!  I have the best guy.

Next I put my fireplace screen in place...I love tole and metal.  I found this piece with my best friend in Savanah.  Even though it is not a very old piece I like it.
Next adding the hearth warmth, my pottery, tins and primitive bench.
 Joining some fun people, Di

Project Inspired Party Button Large
 52 Mantels

3 comments:

  1. What a difference it makes painted white! I love the boat in the center and just did something similar in my bathroom! You'll know what I mean when I get a post done! lol Great minds think alike! I love your decor! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely transformation on your fireplace. The black really enhances the brick. Your entire vignette is gorgeous. Blissful creating...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di