Saturday, September 7, 2013

Fireplace Redo #2

  Upstairs Fireplace Redo
This is how the fireplace looked when we viewed the house
Last year I decorated with my paper leaf banner
 I have been wanting to paint this baby for a year, I looked (stalked) some of my favorite blogs waiting for a tutorial.  I found quite a few that took that leap.  So with my research I turned to Anne Sloan paint and choose White (not my fav, Old White but White).  I added about 1/4 water to paint.  I used a new stiffle brush and it got into all those nooks and crooks.  This only took my a few hours and I am pleased with the results.

 This is after 1 Coat...I rested and then started the next coat

 This is the finished coat, my summer mantle display needs to change to fall but wanted one last look!
 I tried my mom's (now mine...thank you mom) french marble clock and beautiful french flower pictures
Just to plain for my taste...let's try again

My beautiful clock 
I added another flower print, my hubby's parents pheasants and some pumpkin joy!



Fall Joy







What are you changing this week?!
Joining these fun people,
Di
FFF

   Join the fun here each Wednesday!  tinypic 
five days five ways | feature friday free for all
 
Ivy and Elephants
Keeping It Simple mrandmrswinslett

6 comments:

  1. What a HUGE difference! Now it looks updated and new. And look how pretty the white grate looks in front? Like it was made for that fireplace! I love those little bottles with the seashells on top. Did you make those? Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love brick...used and otherwise. Your fireplace transformation is stunning and I commend you for making the change. It looks fresh and clean and beautiful. Summer to Autumn and your mantle is divine. Creative Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your mantel looks fantastic!! Great job! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous redo, so much prettier in the white and I love, love, love your pretty vignette. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute! I'd love it if you'd link this up to my blog hop party, DIY Weekend:

    http://mrandmrswinslett.blogspot.com/2013/09/diy-weekend-919.html

    Thank you!
    Miranda @ Mr. and Mrs. Winslett

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, doesn't that look a lot better? Some might go for black for a complete contrast of colors against white walls. But going for white gave off a more relaxing feel, so it's as good. Additionally, I like that you searched for tutorials first and tried to learn the proper process before jumping onto the painting-my-fireplace bandwagon. Good job! Any news on the chimney? 'Cos your fireplace's new look will be all for naught if your chimney is clogged or giving you problems.
    Peter & Greg Walker Contracting Inc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di